You have invested a lot in your expertise. Come and join the Your Great Event Team
Business Development Manager
In business for over 20 years, Your Great Event provides end-to-end corporate and meetings program management—with a special focus on the needs of non-profit organizations—through best-in-class strategic partnerships and exceptional care and attention to every detail of an event.
Our home is in Southern California; but we serve our clients anywhere in the country. Through our partnership with Global Management Services, Inc., we also serve corporate clients from around the world with their needs for corporate events, meetings and incentive programs of any size and nature anywhere in North America—and around the globe.
The Business Development Manager for Your Great Event Events is responsible for the successful pursuit, engagement and sale of event management services. The target selling audience includes executive directors, vice presidents, or procurement team within the non-profit organization.
The Business Development Manager will utilize strong collaborative, relationship building and influencing skills to successfully engage prospects as well as leverage the channel resources of his/her strong background within the non-profit sector. The candidate will utilize a strong contact network and demonstrate strong hunting and networking sales skills.
The Business Development Manager will be expected to successfully:
- Identify, manage and drive prospects through the selling lifecycle
- Assess client-specific needs and develop a client-specific strategy and pricing in collaboration with the company’s management team
- Present a customized value proposition to client executive-level staff and to multiple stakeholders
- Close profitable sales
- Drive and safeguard quality-certified implementations of new clients
- Manage prospect relationship data in the company’s internal system
- Actively contribute to value proposition development by benchmarking and best practice sharing
- Work collaboratively with operations on proposals and proposed event deliverables
Demonstrated success in the following competencies is essential to success:
- Strong consultative, collaborative skills
- Strategic selling and closing skills within the event planning industry—preferably the non-profit event planning
- Proven ability to drive sales results
- Demonstrated ability to develop strategies and guide prospects/clients on how to best build a strategic events/fundraising program for their organization
- Consultative communication skills, including presentation, sales and negotiation in a business to business environment
- Ability to grow industrywide relationships by providing insight and advice to enhance meetings and event solutions value and profitability
- Strong financial acumen
- Very good knowledge and network within the local Meetings & Events industry
- Experience of minimum 6 years in the event planning industry—preferably within a non-profit organization
- Extensive experience in event management sales and/or business development
- Intimate knowledge of the non-profit sector and key success criteria in that sector.
To apply for this position please send your resume and cover letter to HQ at firstname.lastname@example.org